Saturday, January 24, 2015

January Camp

Well it's the first camp of the year and I for one am excited!! Videos are expected and fun speculation will ensue :).


Picture from usagym's instagram
The lineup from left to right: Kyla Ross, Maggie Nichols, Ashton Locklear, Sabrina Vega, Madison Desch, Megan Skaggs, Polina Shchennikova, Aly Raisman, Bailie Key, Felicia Hano, McKenna Kelley, Ashley Foss, Margzetta Frazier, MyKayla Skinner, Alyssa Baumann, Nia Dennis, Jazmyn Foberg, Grace Quinn, Emily Gaskins, Laurie Hernandez, Deanne Soza, Emily Schild, Lauren Navarro, Christina Desidero, Olivia Trautman, Norah Flatley, Simone Biles, Alexis Vasquez, Sydney Johnson-Scharpf, Laney Madsen, Victoria Nguyen, Ragan Smith

So it's pretty much the expected crew. Madison Kocian, Rachel Gowey and Gabby Douglas aren't there. No word on why Rachel and Madison didn't come but Gabby is apparently sick. I'm going to repress my skepticism because it is the time of year when everyone seems to be getting hit by the flu. I really hope Gowey isn't injured again though because I was rooting for her this season. Nichols is back though, which is good and I'll be interested to see how she's coming along, I think she added some upgrades.

Nia Dennis, Bailie Key and Alexis Vasquez are all making their debuts as seniors. I'm pretty excited to see what they'll do this year. Key obviously has quite a reputation that precedes her but I also see Nia being a big asset to the team. I'm not counting Alexis out either!

I was also glad to see Deanne Soza back in action after her medical problems this fall, yay for her for getting back in the gym and working hard.

Maddie Desch being there surprised me for some reason, I sort of thought she might go away after worlds but here she is. I have to say, though all of her inconsistencies, I have this weird soft spot for her. I think I've mentioned this before but she was such a promising gymnast as a junior that I can't seem to write her off.

Vega is back at camp too and I'd really like to see some videos of her training. I think it's great that she's attempting this comeback because her 2011 gymnastics were really quite lovely.

Still injured and home are Lexie Priessman (recovering first from a broken ankle and now shoulder surgery), Nica Hults (recovering form hand surgery) and Mckayla Maroney (first recovering from knee surgery, now from an unknown medical problem).

I've got a couple posts planned for this week, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment