Wednesday, June 29, 2016

How Mykayla Skinner Made Me a Fan

You won't have to scroll far on this blog to find that I did not used to like Mykayla Skinner's gymnastics. The skill chucking and bad form just annoyed the crap out of me. I can't lie, I rooted against her. It sounds mean, but I just preferred other athletes who had better technique.

Fast forward to now. Here is what I've realized, Skinner works HARD. She has cleaned up her forms, she does extremely difficult skills and she's managed to stay at this level of gymnastics for the entire quad. She doesn't give up, she's mostly consistent and she's giving it her all for Rio.

Let's just say, that in a world where certain girls don't appear to be giving it their all, both in training and competition, I admire Mykayla Skinner for killing it in the gym and giving her best effort. If she can redeem herself at Trials, I think she deserves a spot in Rio. In fact, I would not mind a team of Aly, Simone, Laurie, Maggie and Skinner. Stock up the all-arounders and we will be FINE> Yeah, bars won't be great but Simone, Laurie and Maggie can more than get the job done. Beam, floor and vault are SET. We won't make the bars final, but who cares? We'll make all the other finals and maybe take home tow vault medals!

Anyway, that was the story of how I become pro-Skinner.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment