Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Underrated

I decided to put together a list of underrated routines by women in the US right now. Be it by judges or fans, these are sets that I think need more recognition or higher scores.

1. Nica Hults: Balance Beam
Nica is so clean on this event. She has a nice steady rhythm and great execution. I don't know why she doesn't score higher but she should.

2. Kyla Roos: Floor
Ok so I might be in the vast minority but I actually love Kyla on this event. I know her movements have a slight robotic quality to them and not everyone is partial to her dramatic music but all of that works for me in some strange way. I like the way her choreography looks and I like how she executes it.

3. Brenna Dowell: Vault
Brenna's best event is vars for sure but I always thought she had great potential on vault as well. She's fairly clean in the air so with a neater landing, she could score even better. If she were to gain a second vault even, that would help her quest to Rio.

4. Norah Flatley: Bars
Again, this is not the event Norah is most known for but she does a great job. I love her easy swing and clean lines and that layout dismount-wow! The inbar work is fabulous and with some cleaning up and upgrades she'll really be a contender.

5. Maggie Nichols: Floor Exercise
I like that Maggie has fun with this and that her choreography seems to really match her personality. I'll be interested to see if she has a new routine this year, I think she does? Anyway, I hope she sticks with something fun because I think it's what she's best suited for.

What do YOU think are some underrated routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment