Monday, October 13, 2014

Finals! Finals! Hurray for Finals!

Vault
Surprise, surprise. I did not expect anyone but Simone to get that gold. It came down to difficulty and Simone just doesn't have much on her second vault. I think the top three were deserving, Skinner's form looked a bit improved. I would have loved to see Chusovitina competing out there, alas there's always next year.

Bars
I was hoping that Aliya could pull out a medal here and possibly Locklear as well but it wasn't to be. I know Ashton is our best bar worker but do her feet/legs drive anyone else crazy? It's like her legs are apart but her feet curl into each other to make it look like they aren't. I can't rightly judge her though because the same thing would happen to me (blasted bow legs). Kind of reminds me of Rebecca Bross's legs, they just never looked very pretty. I hate to say it, but if Dowell had been on the team and she had hit, she would have medaled. Anyway, the Chinese finally got some redemption on their best event and I was glad to see it.

Beam
Falls, falls, falls galore. Down goes Yao, down goes Larissa, down goes someone else that I can't remember (Ruby Harold??). Kyla's routine was not nearly as good as AA so I didn't expect her to medal. I was happy with the podium, Mustafina deserved it, Bai deserved it and of course, Simone did as well. Nice to see her hit a solid set after some faltering this week .

Floor
This final made me SO happy! I love Larissa so much and to see her pull out that amazing routine was so exciting. She really gave Simone a run for her money this competition. Simone took gold and her routine was topnotch as always. For the bronze, I was pretty overjoyed that Aliya won over Mykayla. I know Skinner had more difficulty and more tumbling but Mustafina's routine was gorgeous and showcased what FX used to be about, artistry and grace.

I'll be doing a leotard post sometimes this week and possibly another final worlds wrap up. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment