Thursday, September 22, 2016

2 Year Bloggiversary!

I actually feel like I've had my gym blog for a lot longer than two years. I guess because so much has happened since then! Two world championships and an Olympics. I look forward to having this blog to Tokyo and beyond.

In honor of the two year milestone, I'm going to revise the gymnastics Q and A I completed awhile back, here it is:

Get to know the blogger - Gymnastics edition

Name: (G)race
DOB: Spring, 1994
Gym fan since: 2008ish but not seriously until 2012
Gymnast since: Sadly never. I had scoliosis which gifted me a fused spine which gifted me zero flexibility. But had I been one, I obviously would have won the AA in London. Obviously. (See, "Why I Would Have Made a Perfect Gymnast" post)
Gymnastics coach since: I coached my younger sister in the front yard when I was 14, so that definitely counts.
Favorite Quad to Date: Oooh ok. I love 1996-2000 because there was so much going on behind the scenes but Sydney was a hot mess! So I guess, gymnasts/gymnastics wise, I really enjoy 2004-2008. There seemed to be a lot of variety of styles during that time. You had Shawn's power/nice form and Ivana and Mattie's dance. Asac brought the power and Sloane was just fun to watch.
Favorite Olympics: Hmmm...I really enjoy rewatching Athens for some reason even though that quad tends to bore me. But I have to go with London because that's when I got REALLY into the sport.
Favorite Worlds: Stuttgart, 2007 or Tokyo 2011.
Most Disastrous Competition: 2010 US Nationals, falls galore.
Favorite Gymnast of All-time: Shannon Miller but I also enjoy Lilia Podkopayeva and Shawn Johnson. Shannon takes it though.
Favorite Gymnast Currently Competing: Norah and Morgan Hurd of the US. Larissa Lordache of Romania. Dara Spiridinova of Russia and Shang Chusong of China.
Met any gymnastics celebrities?: Yes! Maybe not all super famous but I met McKayla Maroney, Jordan Chiles and Lexie Priessman in 2014 and Shawn Johnson, Sabrina Vega and Nia Dennis in 2015 and Shannon Miller, Kyla Ross and Carly Patterson in 2016.
Favorite Event to Watch: I love watching uneven bars, always have! Floor is probably second if it has good music and flow.
Gymnastics Pet Peeve: I hate ugly floor choreo, boring mounts (especially beam), front or side ariels on floor, overused wolf turns, bad form/technique in general, sloppy vaults just for difficulty, cowboyed giants...there are more that I can't think of right now.
Favorite Skill: Geinger on bars, completed and well formed triple twist on floor, needle or illusion turn on beam and vault...I don't think I have a favorite. I guess, a clean Amanar. 

So that's all for now, here's to many more blogging years!

No comments:

Post a Comment