Saturday, January 9, 2016

Gymnastics Profile, What the Heck Kind of Gym Fan Am i Anyway??

So I took these prompts from this lovely gym blog and now I'm going to have a go at answering them!

Get to know the blogger - Gymnastics edition

Name: (G)race
DOB: Spring, 1994
Gym fan since: 2008ish but not seriously until 2012

Gymnast since: Half past never! I wish though. I had scoliosis and a fused spine and an overprotective dad, so it was not going to happen for me.


Gymnastics coach since: I coached my younger sister in the front yard when I was 14, so that definitely counts.
Favorite Quad to Date: Oooh ok. I love 1996-2000 because there was so much going on behind the scenes but Sydney was a hot mess! So I guess, gymnasts/gymnastics wise, I really enjoy 2004-2008.
Favorite Olympics: Hmmm...I really enjoy rewatching Athens for some reason even though that quad tends to bore me. I'm also partial to London because that's when I got REALLY into the sport.
Favorite Worlds: Stuttgart, 2007.
Most Disastrous Competition: 2006 US Nationals, falls galore.
 
Favorite Gymnast of All-time: Shannon Miller but I also enjoy Lilia Podkopayeva and Shawn Johnson. Shannon takes it though.
Favorite Gymnast Currently Competing: I love Simone of course but also Shang and Daria Spiridonova.
Met any gymnastics celebrities?: Yes! Maybe not all super famous but I met McKayla Maroney, Jordan Chiles and Lexie Priessman in 2014 and Shawn Johnson, Sabrina Vega and Nia Dennis in 2015.
Favorite Event to Watch: I love watching uneven bars, always have!
Gymnastics Pet Peeve: I hate ugly floor choreo, boring mounts (especially beam), front or side ariels on floor, overused wolf turns, bad form/technique in general, sloppy vaults just for difficulty, cowboyed giants...there are more that I can't think of right now.
Favorite Skill: Geinger on bars, completed and well formed triple twist on floor, needle or illusion turn on beam and vault...I don't think I have a favorite. I guess, a clean Amanar. 

Thanks for reading! What are your answers??

2 comments:

  1. Gah, I forgot about wolf turns! With a few exceptions they need to be banned, lol. Interesting that you like watching Athens. For me, it's one of the least interesting Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, down with wolf turns! Though I did like it when Sarah Finnegan had in her beam routine (still does in NCAA I think).

      And yeah, I don't know why I like to watch Athens lol, because like I said, the actual quad leading up to it was sort of meh (though I loved Tabitha Yim for some reason). I think like watching mainly for Terin Humphrey and Khorkina is always entertaining.

      Delete