Monday, January 4, 2016

Gymnastics Hopes for 2016

Holy cow, here we are folks! I remember watching the closing ceremonies in London and being soooo bummed it was over, I couldn't believe I would have to wait 4 years for another Olympics. And now, it's officially 2016: THE YEAR OF RIO!
I'm pumped, you?

So, with that in mind, here are my hopes for gymnastics in the coming year:

  • I have an ideal team for Rio but there are a lot of variations that I'll be happy with so basically, I just want a team that's earned it and that deserves to be there. 
  • Additionally, I really want Norah Flatley on that team. 
  • I want Simone to make her Olympic mark and win the AA. 
  • Way deeper fields everywhere, I don't want to already know the outcome for every event in advance. 
  • Romanian redemption. 
  • Someone in the US to really shake things up, a dark horse that no one saw coming. (Coming soon to a theater near you!)
  • Good showing for the returning veterans (Ponor, Mustafina, Yao). 
  • The new Seniors to come in and actually be in the mix for Rio. 
  • Exciting competition during the Trials. 
  • A lovely, feeling inducing, song to go along with the fluff montages during Rio. Hey, I'm still jamming out to Phillip Phillips "Home". 
  • Leotards that are creative, especially in the US. In my humble opinion, the Under Armour ones from Glasgow left a lot to be desired. 
  • Fair judging. 
And I guess that's all I can think of for now. Additionally, on a personal level, I really just want to have the time of my life at the Olympic Trials. I can't believe that I asked my mom to accompany me last spring and she basically said, "yes" with no hesitation! Now we're making a whole family trip out of it. I can't wait, I really can't!

What are your hopes this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment