Thursday, June 25, 2015

Girls in Limbo

There are several girls in the USA that seem to have been in injury-limbo for quite some time. Being so close to the Olympics...I have to think that they'll either come back to competition this summer (Secret Classic, Nationals) or choose to retire. Or I guess they could continue to string along in hopes of making some sort of massive comeback in 2016. The third option is unlikely and not very realistic.

So, Peyton Ernst, Nica Hults, Mckayla Maroney and Sabrina Vega...what's it gonna be? I know Peyton had some sort of arm injury (elbow, shoulder?), Nica had hand surgery earlier this year and Mckayla had her knee issues and other health problems. I'm not really sure what's up with Vega, she was back at camp in December and maybe January but that was it. Did she give up? Or get hurt? At any rate, I want to know what the deal is. Truthfully, I think Mckayla is the only one who would have a real shot at making it to Rio and only if she arrives on the scene with a TTY. The others...I don't know. I love Nica's beam set but she's grossly underscored here in the US so I don't know how that wold work out internationally. And we have enough beamers.

I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment