Sunday, October 5, 2014

Qualification Thoughts

I woke up before the sun to be able to watch live! Here are my thoughts;

Rotation One:BB

Skinner: Looked like her usual self, a few big balance checks. Those leaps and splits are NOT even near where they should be. People got on Shawn for not having enough flexibility but this is worse IMO.

Kocian: It was a good routine for her but it looked pretty nervey.

Baumann: Almost off on the standing arabian. Way too many checks and pauses for the score she got.

Biles: Homegirl is back in business after missing at Nationals! Nice clean routine.

Ross: Here is the Kyla we know and love! Just one small error toward the end but that routine = classic Kyla!

Rotation Two: FX

Kocian: Not to be mean but her routine bores me to tears. She did an ok job with it but it's not all that difficult. The choreography is so repetitive. How many times can she pose with her arms in the air??

Baumann: Good effort for her. Very bent knees on her (second?) pass landing, looked like she almost fell forward.

Ross: Go Kyla! Nice routine! Solid landings.

Skinner: Was she OOB on her first pass? It really looked like it from the camera angle but I didn't catch if she had any penalties. The rest of the routine was typical from her, bad form galore.

Biles: Simone always brings it for floor! Her landings weren't as good as they have been but it's only quals so no big deal. It looked like she was about to fall out of her wolf turn but she saved it.

Rotation Three: VT

I spent the greater part of this rotation eating banana bread so I may not have paid the best attention.

Kocian: Solid, not much height.

Baumann: I honestly don't remember, I think her landing was good.

Ross: Super clean in the air and (almost) stuck it.

Skinner: Form may not have been as bad as usual but it was hard to tell with no slo-mo cam.

Biles: Good first vault, I think she was out of bounds on the second but stepped back in. She has teh gold already if she lands on her feet.

Rotations Four: UB

Skinner: Bit 'ole leg separation going from low to high but hey, what's new? I think she hit just one handstand that whole routine.

Biles: Error in the middle, looked like she almost lost her grip but saved herself. It was hard to tell exactly what happened. I think she wasn't able to get up in a handstand.

Kocian: Similar error from her. She looked pretty defeated.

Ross: Nice hit routine! Clean and stuck!

Locklear: I'll admit that I'm not as impressed with her as Marta seems to be but she looked good today. I was happy to see her do well, she has a great chance of a medal in EF

Overall, I'm glad the AA will be Simone and Kyla again, they deserve it most. And again with the pink leotards?? Ugh, please let there be red white and blue for TF!!


No comments:

Post a Comment