Saturday, October 24, 2015

I Can't Even...

That was...terrible.

Brenna's bar meltdown, Aly's fall and underscoring on beam. Gabby's fall and still makes the AA. I'm dying inside. Dying.

Poor Maggie Nichols is all I have to say. SHE should be in the AA and rightfully so. Poor Mykayla Skinner too! As much as I love Brenna, she should have been alternate because that bar routine is such a hit or miss and today it was a big giant Rebecca Bross trials miss. And poor Bailie Key too, sitting at home for no reason at all when she would have competed a heck of a lot more solid than some of these girls.

I blame nerve for Aly's issues She started off with some problems on floor and then let it get to her on vault and bars but she hit beam and I really thought it would put in her in the AA. No such luck, Mihai, fill an inquiry please.

As for Gabby, I was giving her the credit she deserves after nice landings that horrid floor routine (the choreo...smh). And then she hit a nice vault and a decent bars and I thought, hey the best competitor on this very day gets the spot so it's only fair. But then she melts down on beam, big time, and somehow still gets the spot. I'm not pleased. Nichols or Raisman should be the second AAer, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

Bright spots were Maggie's floor, Brenna getting the front pike named for her, Simone's vault and Maggie on beam. To be honest thought, we didn't look too hot in general. I'm sure we'll pull it out for team comp but still. This has got to be the worst qualifications in a looooong time for the US. And it's the worst for me too.

Because of all of the screwing over.

No comments:

Post a Comment