Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Nationals Leotard Panel

Welcome to my first ever LEOTARD PANEL! Because I am relatively new to the gymternet and haven't earned much street cred, my panel consists of myself and my two sisters! M is 24 and pretty much clueless about gymnastics and E is 16 and knows a bit more than the average joe. I don't have every leo on here, just the ones that stuck out to me in a good or bad way. Let's get to it! Note that these are randomly ordered, not by rating.
*All pictures from the PGchamps website, I do not own these images.

 Kyla Ross (Gym-Max) Day 1
G: I'm over the color pink for leotards but this one is pretty enough. I like the half detailing on the chest but I don't like the material on the sleeves-I hate mesh in any form. I'll give it a 7.5
M: I really like the color and detailing, 8 from me.
E: I'm not a big fan of the color pink in leotards and I feel like other than the design, it's kind of boring. I'll give it a 6.

Nia Dennis (Legacy Elite) Day 1
G: Something really strange is going on on the chest. It looks like the fabric underneath was split in two. The diagonal pattern is ok but the mesh is bad, I just don't get what the vision is for this one. It's a 4 from me.
M: Oh I don't like it, I dislike everything about it  I just think it's a weird design, 4.
E: Oh I don't like that at all. What is going on in the middle? I don't like the ombre, the middle or the design. I'll give it a 4.

Emily Schild (Everest) Day 1
G; I like the black/white/silver color scheme and the crystals are nice and understated. It is a little boring though so I'll give it a 7.5
M: I think it's very boring and I don't like the black and white. I'll give it a...6.
E: I really like that actually, I think it's really classic. I like the silver a lot. 7 from me.

MyKayla Skinner (Desert Lights) Day 1
G; Enough with the pink. I actually would like this in another color, even the mesh isn't terrible. I think it would have looked lovely in a shade or purple or a deep blue.
M: It's decent but I don't like the criss-cross pattern. 6 from me.
E: Again, not a big fan of the pink. And I don't like the mesh arms. That said, I do like the sparkly detailing. I'll give it a 6.

Gabby Perea (Legacy Elite) Day 1
G: I really like this leotard, the colors are great together and the desighn is just classic. 8.5
M: I like that a lot, the color combination and the classic design are working well. 9 from me. 
E: Ok, yeah I like that. I think it's really nice and I feel like it's not too crazy but enough to catch your eye. I like the blue and white and silver. I'll give it an 8.

Deanne Soza (Arete) Day 1
G: Bless you Deanne and your own personal color scheme. I love her blue and yellow leos, they stand out and always look so polished. This one is no exception, I'll give it a 9.
M: Um, I think it looks boyish but for some reason I do still like it. I'll give it a 7.
E: Um, just nothing really special about that. I'm not really a fan of blue and yellow and I feel like it's kind of boring. So I'll give it a 5.

Grace Quinn (Texas Dreams) Day 1
G: Here's a pink leo that I think works ok. I like the sleeves but they're a little abrupt, like maybe they could somehow be incorporated better. I'll give it a 7.5
M: I like the black and pink and the simplicity and how the sleeves are different. 8 for me. 
E: I don't like this. I don't like pink and black and the way it looks but if the middle was a different color than the sleeves would work. I'll give it a 6.

Jazmyn Foberg (MG Elite) Day 1
G: Jazzy and Laurie were WEARING these leo's! I love the ombre colors, 8.5.
M: Too much going on, too many colors. I don't like yellow and pink together so I'll give it a 6.
E: That's different, it reminds me of a sunset and I think it's fun and summery. And the little arm details are nice. It'll be an 8 from me.

Simone Biles (World Champion's) Day 1
G; Ugh, another one spoiled by pink. If the top was red and the bottom blue a little lighter, I'd be sold. As it is, just meh. 7
M: Simone Biles! I love Simone Biles but this leo is just ok and a lot to look at. I'll give it a 7 too. 
E: Ok, I love you Simone and I really love the pink white and blue but I would like it a lot better if it had been red instead of pink because I don't like pink as much on leo's. But overall I think it's really nice and pretty so it's an 8 from me.

Aly Raisman (Brestyan's) Day 1
G; I'm all for a nice classic white leo so this one is good but those Brestyan girls just love their mesh, don't they??? It's still an 8 though
M: Oh I actually like that, I think it's kind of cool and not something you see a lot. 8 from me. 
E: I"m not a big fan of white so I feel like the color or lack there of isn't usually super flattering. Although I think on Aly it looks alright so I'll give it a 7.

Maddie Desch (GAGE) Day 1
G: Ok, let's be honest, the only thing worst than mesh is nude mesh. Without it this would have been pretty, I like the GAGE flowers, they're unique. So it's a 6.5
M: I think it's a little too childish, I do like flowers though, 6.5.
E: Ugh, ok at first I thought the flower was a star which would have been better as a representation of the US. When I realized it was a flower I did not like it at all and I don't like the colors or nude arms. 5 from me.

Maggie Nichols (Twins City Twisters) Day 1
G: I'm not a fan. I don't like the color or the weird stomach design. I feel like besides the ombre sleeves, it's been way overdone. 5.5
M: Um, I just think it's just kind of boring and I don't know what else to say about it. 6 from me. 
E: Overall I like the design of this leo but if it were in a different color the rating would be high. So 6.

Gabrielle Douglas (Bukceye) Day 1
G: I can get behind a nice patriotic leotard and I like the base color being blue instead of the more typically used red. That being said, it's a bit plain. Even so, it earns a respectable 8.
M: I like that, I like the USA colors and it's classic and cool. 8.5
E: Um, I think this is really nice and patriotic. I like the sleeves too. It's a 9.

Bailie Key (Texas Dreams) Day 1
G: I didn't know what to think of this at first. Did I hate it, did I love it? Turns out I love it and give Bailie some mad props for having the moxie to rock this. It's a 9!
M: Well I like the fact that it's a throwback and I think the argyle is really unique but that being said, it's a little crazy. I'll give it an 8.
E: (Laughs) I think that the throwback is cute but the leo is not in the right time period and it's a little too funky. I'll give it a 5.

Alyssa Bauman (WOGA) Day 1
G: No pink for WOGA on this night and I am loving it. I love black and white, just classy. 8.5
M: Hmmm, I feel like it's just another boring one but it is classic so 8 I guess. 
E: Yeah I really like this color scheme and I think it's really nice so I'd rate it a 9.

Rachel Gowey (Chow's) Day 1
G: Ok so this one looks a bit like a swimsuit but I'm liking it. The color is nice but something about the sleeves is a little off. It's an 8.
M: Oh I like that! I like blue and green together and it looks really sporty so it's a 9!
E: I like the green and blue together and I like how it's plain up until the sleeves. Overall I think it's really classy so I rate it a 9.

Bailie Key (Texas Dreams) Day 1
G: I got a glimpse of her and thought, "She can't seriously be wearing a tuxedo leotard." And then she was and I love it. It fit her so well and just looked awesome and cool. I swear these two leotards have made me a fan of Bailie Key. 9.5
M: Oh that's kind of cool, I like the idea. 9 
E: I don't get the point of this but I suppose it's fun and quirky that she is wearing a tuxedo leotard. I'll give it an 7.

Kyla Ross (Gym-Max) Day 2
G: It's very sparkly and takes those crystals to a place they've never gone before. It's reminiscent of an figure skating costume but I like it. Tone down the sparkles and lighten up that blue it would be that much better. It's still a 9 for me.
M: Um, I don't know how to feel about it I just think there's a LOT happening. But still looks nice so I'll give it a 7.5. 
E: Ok I like hat a lot and think it's really pretty. The red and blue and the sparkles all just look really put together and lovely. I'll give it a 9.

Rachel Gowey (Chow's) Day 2
G: I really like the design and the outlining is great, even the color is ok. Still a bit overdone so I'll give it a 7.5.
M: I like that, I just like that classic look I think it look just classic gymnastics. 8 from me.
E: I like the white an I actually don't mind the shade of pink. I think the silver detail is alright. I'll probably give it a 7.

Ashton Locklear (Everest) Day 2
G: Yikes, that bubble gum pink and plain design. 4
M: I kind of like it but it is very bright so it's a 6.5.
E: Is it just pink? I'm not impressed with this at all considering it's plain and a kind of ugly shade of pink. 4.

Gabrielle Douglas (Buckeye) Day 2
G: Snooze fest. 5
M: That's nice but a little boring, 7. 
E: Ok, I love this one, I love it a lot. I"m a sucker for purple and I think everything looks really put together. Overall I'd give it a 9.5.

Brenna Dowell (GAGE) Day 2
G: Ugly nude sleeves and not a fan of the colors or even the design, it's a 6.
M: That's kind of cool, I like the swirls and like the ombre. I'll give it a 7.
E: I think the swirls are different but the sleeves just leave me with a bad taste in my mouth. With different colors and sleeves I would rate higher but it is what it is so a 6.

Mykayla Skinner (Desert Lights) Day 2
G: Oh dear, nude sleeves and a strange neckline. I looooove green but this is just wrong, 5.5.
M: I really don't like that. I don't like the color or the nude or the design. I'll give it a 4.
E: No, it's ugly! It looks like the start of some kind of hoochey dress and the nude sleeves make it even worse. I feel like using emerald green could have been done such better and been stunning but this is just not there. I give it a 3.

Maggie Nichols (Twin City Twisters) Day 2
G: This would be so nice without that plunging neckline. Red is nice but just no on that neck. 6.
M: I don't like the front, I don't like that plunge and I don't know I just don' t like it. I'll give it a 5.
E: Aw man. I love red but why ruin it with that neckline? Why is that necessary? If the neckline was an appropriate length I would have liked this, I'll give it a 6.

Alyssa Bauman (WOGA) Day 2
G: Now there is the WOGA we all know...that being said, this fit Alyssa and Madison really nicely and it was a pretty classic design so I defnitely don't hate it. I'd actually give it an 8.
M: Again I just don't like the top it just kind of looks weird but I like the color on her. 7.5 from me. 
E: Oooooh, that's different. I like how she chose white and not nude for sleeves and of course I love the purple color. This leo looks really nice on her and I'll give it an 8.

Simone Biles (World Champion's) Day 2
G: Reminds me of Chow's girls last year and I love it! Colors and design are lovely but I feel like the origin of the white part needs to be readjusted a bit. It get's a 9.
M: I like that it's classic, I'll give it an 8.5. 
E: I love you Simone and your leo is very pretty. I love the red and simple design that still catches the eye. 9 from me.

Nia Dennis (Legacy Elite) Day 2
G: Definitely better than night one, by a mile. I really like the blue and black and the design is nice enough but again, it's rather familiar. 7.5
M: Oh I like this one a lot better than her other one. I really like that swirl detailing, I'll give it an 8.
E: Um I do like the blue to black ombre but I feel like the design kind of cheapens it and is misplaced. I'll give it a 7.

Thanks to my two sisters for contributing!! What do you all think??

No comments:

Post a Comment