Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Team Finals Y'all

Surprise surprise, USA takes the gold. Who else was on the edge of their seats with this one? No one, yeah me neither. I'm of course happy that we won and all that jazz but dang, it's boring having no real competition.

Here are my thoughts:
  • Maggie Nichols not being allowed to do AA in quals is so freaking ridiculous that I fumed the entire time she was competing today because she KILLED it and would have EASILY placed ahead of Gabby. The wrong person is in the AA, that is all. 
  • Speaking of Douglas, what the heck with those inflated scores. I'm beginning to think that there is on way she doesn't get silver in the AA. The judges will make sure of that ugh. 
  • Viktoria Komova had her issues on bars and beam but man, I'm happy to see her back because her gymnastics is so nice to watch. I see her as a lot more mature now but I still wish she would have fought a little harder to stay on beam. At any rate, I can't wait to see what she'll do in EF and I so wish she had her FX ready now to challenge for the AA. All in good time. 
  • The Netherlands FX, so lovely. I didn't even mind that they only had two tumbling passes because holy lovely dance. And the musicality was just spot on. USA girls take note because we are LACKING in that area and it's sad. 
  • The Chinese on bars, lovely as usual. Shang's arms are TOOTHPICKS but she puts together such a nice set and her lines and form is just fabulous. I really like her a lot. 
  • Brenna and even Mykayla not being allowed on the floor is beyond sad BUT I'm wondering if it was a general rule that only the girls competing could be down there. It seemed that there was limited space STILL, it sucked that she couldn't be right with them to cheer them on. Thank God they got to come down for medals and pictures. 
  • Ok, so Great Britain getting bronze was so triumphant and emotional. I'm a sad sap and I teared up a little but those VT scores...let's just say the judges knew who they wanted on the podium. Still, Russia edging them out with numerous falls would have been annoying but fair is fair right...? I don't know. 
  • Simone pretty much killed it on beam but her score, what? I don't get it. And I don't get Gabby beating Maddie K on bars, not at all. 
  • Ok so leotards, I will do a post on them later but I have to say, I wasn't impressed with the US. Happy that they were red but I feel like they think they're being all classy with their solid colored and bejeweled leos but to me, it's just a bit pretentious. That might be a reach...but we have two other colors in our flag and we have stars and stripes. There is SO much we can do with that and every year it's just a plain red variation. Like they're saying we're so fancy that we don't do anything else. Though Russia had ill fitting leos (it was so baggy on Vika!), at least they had all of their colors and a new and interesting design. At least China had nice gold detailing and though GB's were sort of cheap looking, they always sneak their flag in on the back. 
That's all I got for now. I'm going to be working during AA finals and following along via my iphone in the privacy of the break room. All I have to say is, bring it on Simone, Larissa, Ellie and Gulia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment