Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Live Podium Training Blog


I’m seeing pink again, and many sparkles but it’s not terrible and I’ll let them get it out of their system for podium J
Girls are warming up floor. Aly’s being highlighted over on the left of my screen. Ends her pass with a giant leap and fumbles the landing a bit.
Maggie sticks  a pass. Geez, they cut out before I can see Brenna but I hear Marta say, “Good Brenna, very nice.”
Mykayla lands a nice pass. Sorry I’m so vague, the vantage point that it’s being filmed isn’t allow me to really tell what they are tumbling. 
Now Simone is being highlighted...girls are just going over leaps and such. 

Oooh Gabby is starting. Nice first pass. Weird jump out of second, what was that even? A wolf jump? Good double pike. I really hate this choreography. But I sort of like the music. She looked tired at the end but stood up a nice double tuck. Good routine for her. 

Brenna!! Love the expressive GAGE choreo. Strong front double pike. Almost OOB on second pass. Solid third pass. Sort of fumbled landing on last pass. Not the best she can do but not a disaster. 

Maggie is up now. She looks so tall! Nice double double. Good second pass. Wofl turns for days. Messy form on third pass but good landing. Nice last run. OMG, the placement of her hand on that last pose is strange. 

Aly, come on girl. Killed that first pass with the added layout. Not much height out of the leap from second pass. Double layout, leap, check and check. Last pass...double pike with a little hop back.

Here comes Simone. Nailed the Biles. Stuck second pass, stuck leap. I love the little "do, do do, do" part of her music. Third pass done clean. Bring it home Simone! And...stuck!

Maddie K's turn. I hated her floor last year, is it the same? I don't recall. They should make use of her graceful dance and give her more ballet choreo. Ok had to plug in my computer but I don't think anything terrible happened in the meantime. Last pass, double pike and I missed most of the middle. Oops.

Here comes Mykayla and her Irish/Scottish folk song. Nice first pass. Second one with added back tuck? Was that always there? She paused a bit before adding it. Third pass, looks like she lost some height but stood it up. Last pass, a little underrotated but stood up.

FX done. Aly is asking Marta something, she's telling Maddie and the others to sit down. Simone and Maddie chatting. Skinner looking fierce. Leo's aren't as terrible as they could be. Marta is telling them good job.

Girls are standing like they're ready to go. Brenna looks scared. Aly's doing her hands on knee pose. Marta's impatient face. Marta asks, if it's time yet and ONE MORE MINUTE she says. Aly likes the setup. Marta says it looks more like a show. Must be talking about the judges being moved. Marta's minute is up, she's ready. Simone thinks the arena is small, she would know. Ok, time lineup and go.

And they're walking. Madison is so cute, she reminds me of my cousin. Time for VT!

Warming up...mainly just timers. Mykayla is being highlighted on my screen now. I keep forgetting she medaled on VT last year.

Simone sticks her Amanar cold in practice. Skinner overdoes it with power and nearly goes off mat. Nice DTY from Brenna. Gabby just did a DTY too...wonder if she's axed the Amanar. Aly's Amanar is scary. Maggie goes up....lands low. FTY from Madison. Just a DTY from Skinner, no Amanar after all?

Ok, practice over. Stuck DTY from Brenna!

Hop back on DTY from Gabby.

Aly's up. Much better Amanar from her.

Maggie's turn. Messy form and landing from her.

Show 'em how it's done Simone. Stuck Amanar! Killing it! This girl just gets better and better. Second VT, little bouncy on the Lopez landing but fabulous all the same.

Madison hops back on landing but nice air form.

Mykayla landed low and off to the left on first vault. Second one coming up...super piked in the air but ok landing.

And, they're going again I guess? I have no idea how this works.

Jumpy DTY from Gabby. And another from Aly. Off to the side landing form Maggie and her Amanar. I'm bored of vault now. Is is over? I guess only a couple people decided to go for another. I have no idea.

Aly's asking Marta how much time they have now. I guess a lot according to Aly.Maddie K getting highlighted now. Ok, I'm hungry. I'm going to multitask and eat some tuna while I do this.

Simone's right about the arena, it does look small and sort of crowded. The secret reason the judges are getting moved perhaps, for lack of space?

OK, coaches prepping bars. Smile Brenna! She looks so nervous. Lol. Aly just joked and said, "My favorite event." Mine too Aly.

I missed a lot of the warmup due to eating chips and salsa. Brenna is up now. Nice first couple releases. Good transitions. Get it Brenna! Nice landing, hit routine.

Big issue on high bar for Mykayla but  this is just practice right? I need a schedule or something!

Aly up now. Nice first handstand. Releases, check. Transitions, check. She really manages a lot better on here now. Good dismount but she is tired!

So now is the real deal I think.

Maggie up first. Nice form, she's definitely being patient here. Good release, nice landing. Did she take something out? I thought she had a half twist to one of her transitions.

Gabby up now. First release nice. Really trying for those handstands on lowbar. Good dismount. But the whole routine seems very watered down.

Simone nails everything...I love her pointed toes. Great routine from Ms. Biles.

Now it's Maddie's turn. Lovely form on lowbar, easy transitions. This is why she's here I guess. Good routine from her. She seems happy.

Floor music in the back is so pretty! More people should use piano music! And violin, I want this on my iphone. So pretty!

Back to business. Brenna is up. Nails first few skills. Go girl! Nearly stuck landing. A good job from Marta.

Mykayla up now. Marta says they might each take another turn if they need it.

Skinner starts off well, avoids earlier mistake. Low release but handled. Missed handstand but good for her.

Aly's going again. Pretty much same as first time.

Maggie goes again. There's that transition I was talking about, she stops after she hits it.

Gabby on, Much higher release this time. Hops off.

Simone works just her dismount again.

Maddie does a few skills.

Brenna messes up a transition and tries it again but messes up again. Rechalks, Marta asks what happened.

Skinner sticks dismount. Brenna going to try again, please hit! And done! Nice dismount too.

Bars are done! Only beam left to go.

I think it makes no sense to bring Brenna and not use her bars (that she keeps hitting) like what the heck? And Bailie is at home because....why? This is the strangest team/lineup/composition I've ever seen.

And they're off to the dreaded BB. Now I'm all nervous for them! I love this Scottish bagpipe music. Beam looks like the one in London, come to think of it, so do the mats and the podium color (did London lend them out?) . Flashbacks for Aly and Gabby?

Warm up underway. Gabby walking through to her skills. Maggie fumbles side somie a little bit but no big deal. She's off on tumblign pass though. Wolf turn nice. I'm writing like I don't know how to speak English. Me Grace, me like gymnastics. Haha, I only make myself laugh.

Aly is up just walking through  most of it until she hits her dismount. Simone practices. No issue with her. Brenna goes through hers with a few balance checks. Skinner's turn. Off on first skill but she always gets it out of her system in practice. Dismount...just a timer.

Maddie K up first for real! Nice ring leap. Easy first series for her. Sheep jump bobbled. Side ariel nice. Messy turn. Back tuck ok. Dismount...double pike nearly stuck. Could have been a better routine but no huge problems.

Gabby up next. Front pike, here come  the series. Handled. Standing arabian, balance check landing. Going through ok, hardly up on toe for the turn. Better second half. Dismount...Chest low on landing.

Maggie's turn. Wolf mount nice. Good connected series. Almost off on side somi but she fought for it. Flight series, almost off again. She's got nerves for sure. Punch front ok, back tuck a little shaky. Dismount...another pike with a few steps on the landing.

Now we have Simone. and my sound just went out, oh well. Nevermind it's Aly. Great series to start. Sound is back, nope just kidding. A few balance checks...ok she's back to being solid. Great punch front. Turn, handled. Dismount...STUCK! So great!

Now we have Simone for real. HUGE bobbles on worlf turn, she may have touched the beam. First series ok but had a check. Second one great. She looks like she's rushing a bit. Oooh, issues with leaps too. Problem on front arial landing. Dismount ok, not a great routine though.

Brenna's turn. I'm nervous now. Managed the mount. Good series. Shaky leaps, hardly up on the first one. She's really being careful. Hands down, were they supposed to be? Managed side ariel. Dismount...nice. Marta says good job.

Mykayla up last. Bobbles on first landing but ok. Bobbles second landing too. Oh, big break there. Handles turn sequence. Good dismount.

A little more practice I suppose but I have to go and get ready for work :(. It's been real!
Thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment