Saturday, June 18, 2016

Trials Euphoria

Guys, my tickets to Olympic Trials came in the mail this past week. I'm pretty sure I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to meet Olympians (as they are having that giant reunion, I'm sure I'll stumble upon some!), go to the chalk talk, the parade and of course, see the competition!

The fact that my mom and I will be in that arena when the team is announced is just mind boggling. I keep thinking of when I watched the trials in 2012 and the confetti came down and it was just SO exciting and unforgettable. I'm pretty certain I'm gong to have the time of my life.

In related news...

I'm bummed that Flatley is out for Nationals and of course, Rio. I've been a fan of hers for years and it sucks that injury is putting her out of the running. I think she's extremely talented and had loads of untapped potential so I hope she'll stick around.

With Norah out, I'm basically just rooting for Bailie Key. Ok, it's not as though she's the only one I like and want on the team. I like Simone of course, and I want Aly and Maggie is fine too but Bailie is someone whose gymnastics I really appreciate and enjoy. Plus, the girl has been majorly screwed over in the past and who wouldn't love a little redemption. Gosh, I would just love it if she totally killed it at Nationals and trials. She deserves a spot far more than some others.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment